Sunday, January 13, 2008

You can learn from the movies and have a great time while at it

...but not often though.

Most of the time I come out feeling quite empty.

However there was one movie that I watched (with some trepidation actually) that touched me to the very core.

It is a Hindi movie starring Amir Khan called "Taare Zameen Par".

Now I am the kind of person that would be the first to watch sci-fi action movies such as "I am Legend" Starring Will Smith.

But even to a philistine like me the movie "Taare Zameem Par" made a deep impact. It is a story about an 8 year old boy that suffers from Dyslexia and as a result fares poorly at studies and sports. He is ridiculed by his friends and scorned by his father. He leads a lonely life only to see it take a course to the worse when he is packed off to a boarding school.

Redemption comes in the form of a school teacher played by Aamir Khan.

This movie brought tears to my eyes.

I hugged and kissed my two year old son. I love him more than anything else in the world. But he keeps testing my patience....

I will henceforth be more understanding of him.

I would hate for him to suffer the way the protagonist in the movie did from his well intentioned but ignorant parents.

A very uplifting movie. Not the sort that I normally watch but I am glad I did.

Check out this movie.

And if you are not an Indian then all the more reason why you should try out something different especially one as uplifting and edifying a movie as this.

No comments: